Saturday 12 April 2014

Spring Skin

My skincare routine definitely changes with the seasons and these are the three products I have been reaching for all the time recently to help the transition from Autumn/Winter to Spring Summer.
First up, the Tea Tree Toner Water from Lush. It is no secret that I am a huge Lush fan and this buy has fast become one I cannot survive without. You can use it on cotton wool to cleanse the face and remove dirt/make up or you can shut your eyes and just spray it straight on to clean skin. It is in no way overpowering in scent or sensation as some tea tree products can be; it feels really gentle on the skin but you can also feel it working. Since using this, my skin feels so much fresher, my pores are definitely less obvious and it halts evil break ups in their tracks. My routine is not complete without this anymore.
Secondly, The Body Shop's Vitamin E Overnight Serum in Oil: A slightly strange product that feels a bit risky slathering on to your face at night. As my skin can vary from normal to oily/spotty, adding more oil into the situation just feels stupid. But this stuff is fantastic! You wake up with skin feeling clean and fresh with no lingering greasiness as you would expect. My face definitely feels more radiant and fresh after using this, something I am definitely a fan of as I tend to stop wearing foundation and the like in summer.
Finally, another Body Shop product; Honey Bronze. A slightly oddly described "shimmering dry oil". This is something I have had for about 2 years and only recently fallen in love with. You can apply it wherever you fancy really, for a glowy effect that you can usually only achieve after a week abroad. I love using it as a bit of a highlighter on my face, dabbing a small amount in the usual places, cheekbones etc. For a glow that as I said, a week in the sun usually provides. If I am going out or dressing up a bit or what not, I usually like to rub a bit of this on my shoulders/collarbones as it just adds a beautiful depth to the skin.

These three combined are slowly making my skin feel like it is ready for summer.
Are there any products you can't live without? Or would you recommend any other things for me to try out?

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment