Saturday 14 June 2014

I Am Pilgrim

For a couple of months i have been feeling really uninspired when it comes to reading; nothing was drawing me in and making me drop everything until I had turned the final page. This is quite rare for me as I am so often ensconsed in a literary escape and when i find myself uninspired, i really don't like it. Enter Terry Hayes and his thriller I Am Pilgrim. I am currently telling everyone I know that they need to give this a go. From the very first page I was totally hooked. Although, some of the ideas within aren't totally original, Hayes moulds them into new stories and scenarios that genuinely had me gasping with suprise as I was so involved and yet didn't see things coming. Told from the perspective of an old secret agent and linking together small and large events in a novel so gripping, you will want to read it in one sitting.
The cover quotes the Guardian's review, "the only thriller you need to read this year" and it is safe to say, i strongly agree. 

Have any of you read this? Or are there any books you can recommend to keep me inspired? 

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment