Wednesday 27 November 2013

One week since you looked at me..

 

Instead of rambling on for ages, I am gonna condense the last few weeks into a few words and pictures..
I got a job!! Only a Christmas Temp at Topshop, but it's a start!!
 
 


I got a hamster!! (Thanks Mitch:)) Meet Patty... She is mental and so soft and brings me lots of smiles.
 
I got a haircut by a professional! A bit too dark for my liking but hoping it will fade, an undercut all the way round and a cute little fringe. It feels so much healthier!:) I have no photos of this though.
 
I also feel like in the last few weeks I have had a pretty big downer, I lost myself a little bit and I didn't realise how much until mum pointed out yesterday that I haven't read anything in a while. And she was right, depression had swamped me so much that I had simply ceased to be myself. That is one of my least favourite things about being depressed (not that I have any favourites); numbness. The complete lack of inability to feel anything. And so, even though this weekend was a black hole of bad thoughts, tears and no sleep, it is sometimes helpful to feel. I have not given up yet and am currently on a mission to feel passionate and inspired again. I have moved my room around, made some cute inspirational quote frames for my wall, read a book and now I have Eat Pray Love on in the background. I am not a massive fan of the film because I love the book, but at least I can carry on with life with a film on, the book absorbs me too much. Elizabeth Gilbert is one of my all time heroes. Probably should be worried that I connect with a middle ages woman who runs away from life but I choose to look past that and see the passion and inspiration she seeks and finds on her journey. It gives me faith. It helps that she also wrote Coyote Ugly amongst other things that I adore beyond words. Her latest work, Committed is also an incredibly interesting read; a woman seeking to understand the impossible; Love. It is moving to say the least. I promised I wouldn't ramble, oops. I just love Elizabeth Gilbert.
 
Bit sad that I think that pretty much sums up my life recently but hey. I can try and get back on track now!
 
Oh, and Max got a well needed haircut!

How are you guys? Anything you may think will inspire me is welcome!:)

Becca.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment