Friday 8 November 2013

Watch Your Back

Yes, I know this book only came out yesterday and it is about 550 pages long, but it's Karen Rose!! Yes, I talk about her a lot, but seriously, she is just amazing. I found out about a month ago that her latest book was due out on the 7th and was a follow up to her previous novel Did You Miss Me? I pretty much counted the days and I don't care how sad that is.
I will begin by saying she has not lost her magic touch. The drama, action and characters are as good as if not better than ever. Watch Your Back does feel slightly different from some of her other work though, mainly because the stage was kinda already set, as a reader, you are already well acquainted with the players; Stevie, Clay, Hyatt, JD, the whole Baltimore gang are present to tie up some lose ends form other books. I honestly have no idea how she weaves the web that she does, the number of characters, backgrounds, plots and subplots are incredible and effortless in their entanglement. What should be a mess of confusion and history and god knows what else is actually a flowing and gripping storyline. The nature of the crimes in Watch Your Back are a little different and less brutal as some of her other work as this one focuses more on past events however that definitely does not make it less action packed.
I won't say much else on this as I don't want to ruin it for anyone (namely mum who hasn't read it yet..)
All I can say is my love for Karen Rose (and all her characters) is as strong as ever and I am eagerly awaiting whatever she does next.
Oh, and READ IT!! :)

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment