Sunday 29 December 2013

Sanctus

Another quick book review for you. I got this book at least a year ago and I've read it a couple of times since, most recently though, I discovered it was actually the first of a trilogy so I re-read it so that I could have a go at the rest. Although it is treading rather familiar territory these days; historical sight, religious secret, quest for truth, murder and passion, you get the gist: it still holds it's own against the rest. Beginning very dramatically and sucking you straight in, you never really get chance to put the book down, you simply need to find out what happens. The secret everyone is fighting for is also something a little bit different than most other books at the moment, it really isn't anything you think it might be. Although the characters don't live up to the standards of people like Karen Rose, they are in no way bad.
If you enjoy quick paced adventure stirred in with some mystery and a lot of passion (by passion I mean people who go beyond merely believing in something, to a point of life or death, not the lovey dovey kind of passion), I would really recommend this one for you.
I shall keep you posted on my thoughts of The Key and The Tower as I read them!

Becca. 

No comments:

Post a Comment