Sunday 29 December 2013

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Being the Tolkien nerds that me and dad are, we were counting the days til the second instalment of the Hobbit trilogy. Safe to say it did not disappoint!! Most reviews plainly stated that it was much better than the first film and I have to say that I agree with them. Although I much enjoyed the Unexpected Journey, it didn't blow my mind as much as I wanted it to. At a run time of nearly three hours, I was kinda thinking I would be getting twitchy and bored by the end but it honestly didn't feel the long, the sign of a real corker in my books. The appearance of Legolas, who does not feature in the book was really great; it added that little familiarity and excitement of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Evangeline Lily is incredible as the beautiful and ass-kicking Tauriel, she also provides moments of levity in her love story with Kili, the one handsome dwarf. Steven Fry also deserves mention as a greasy, repulsive Master of Laketown.
Finally, I have to talk about my favourite sequence, the barrels out of the realm of the wood elves. A moment that I always loved in the book that Jackson managed to turn into an extended, action packed fight down the river. Honestly, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who may not have been to see it but my gaawd, it had me on the edge of my seat in excitement!

Have any of you been to see it  it? What did you think?

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment