Saturday 7 December 2013

The Christmas Tag!!

Saw this over on the beautiful Emily's blog and couldn't resist doing it myself so here goes!!

What time of year do you start your Christmas shopping?
Probably like, mid December. Yes, I am that unorganised. I don't have that many to buy and I usually have ideas so I'm all about the last minute online buys.

Do you have any festive recipes for food or drink you limit solely to the Christmas season to share?
Err, probably not, I bake random tasty things all year round! Mum makes things that I associate with Christmas though, obviously, Christmas cake, mince pies, ham, mulled wine. I get well excited by Christmas smells! Haha.

Tell me how Christmas goes down in your home?
Er, I wake up at 8 (that was the time we had to wait til as kids and I still love doing it). Take my stocking into Mum's room and open that in there. Go down and make a cuppa, let Max out and give him and Joey presents. Open ours under the tree and the eat chocolate for breakfast! We then chill until going to my uncle's for Christmas dinner with the family.

Do you have any Christmas traditions?
I don't think we have any major ones but there are just certain little things we have particular attachments to; snow globes from when we were little, a walnut and an orange in our stockings, things like that.

Do you have a favourite festive coffee?
I don't drink coffee and I drink tea all year so nope to this one.

Do you have a favourite Christmas song?
Not really, I love so many, I get mad at anyone who plays them before December though!

What do you do on Christmas Eve?
Have a little mini celebration with dad, working in retail means working at some point to set up the Boxing Day sales. We used to go to Christingle which I loved but they don't do it anymore. Wah. So usually just go to bed. I am that cool.

What's your Christmas wrapping strategy?
Errr, whatever scraps mum has left I usually use haha. But this year I am upping my game, got brown paper, loads of lovely ribbon and I have made tags out of newspaper and card with glitter. They look better than they sound haha.

What's your dream gift this year?
There isn't anything huge I don't think, mum always manages to pick up some little thoughtful things that make me smile and I love that:)

Describe your Christmas tree? How tall? Real or artificial? How is it decorated?
It simply haaaas to be real (smells like Christmas) and taller than me. It is decorated a bit haphazardly but always looks all cheery and lovely in my opinion. We used to have the funniest angel on top, it was SO old but eventually I think her hair fell off?!

Do you decorate just the tree or other area's of your house?
The living room is always the most decorated and then my room but that's about it.
What do you wear on Christmas day?
Usually something I have received as a gift:)

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment