Thursday 5 December 2013

Lady Of The Sea

I feel like I go on about inspiration rather a lot on this blog, but I just can't help it, I am always searching for the little something to perk up my day, make me smile, make me think, just to have any positive effect I suppose. Yesterday that came in the form of the wonderful Seth Lakeman: I posted about a recent performance of his not long ago and yesterday I was on Youtube when I came across his videos of a gig at one of my favourite places ever; The Minack Theatre in Cornwall. The Minack is an outdoor theatre built into the cliffs down at Porthcurno. We have been there so many times to so many performances, from The Three Muskateers to one of the oddest plays ever, The Itch. To be honest though, it doesn't really matter what you are seeing there, it is just a breathtaking place and the performances are sometimes forgotten when a local seal or dolphin decides to make an appearance as the sun sets, creating a backdrop like no other. I don't even know when Seth played there but I can only hope he will do again because I would love to be a part of the audience. Finding this yesterday just put me in better spirits, there was a little spring in my step as I set off in the cold winter sunshine to counselling of all places! I hope this video might give you a little bit of inspiration on this windyyy Thursday..:)

Seth Lakeman - Race To Be King

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment