Sunday 20 October 2013

Homegrown, English Folk Expo

I have been in love with folk artist Seth Lakeman for many many years but it was only last year at Ramsbottom Beer Festival that I finally got to witness him live for the first time; it was absolutely pouring down and he had only been given about 30 minutes to play but he was absolutely breathtaking. His soul and talent are incredible. Therefore, me and pa jumped at the chance to see him again on Friday night at another slightly bizzare venue in Bury town centre; this time at a small music festival Homegrown, part of the English Folk Expo. Yet again, Seth and his band were fantastic. There is a soul to folk music like this that I find really emotive and powerful, I can't quite explain myself what it is, there is just something about it that completely carries me away. From infectious upbeat instrumentals to lyrics so raw that they almost bring a tear to your eye; every note, every breath are of an almost indescribable quality. I sincerely recommend any folk event to you all and if you ever get the opportunity to see Seth Lakeman, take it!!

Becca.


No comments:

Post a Comment