Wednesday 16 October 2013

Up In The Air

I've realised recently that it's probably quite easy for anyone reading my blog to know whether I'm having a good few days or on a bit of a downer. (I avoid the world and stop writing when things get really bleak and I can only apologise for that.) I think that even when I'm writing a review or a small post, it becomes slightly apparent whether I'm writing because I feel I have to or I'm actually in a good mood and want to fill post upon post with endless wittering. Bearing that in mind, you'll see that I have posted a fair bit recently and that's because, after a bit of a glum start to last week, I perked up towards Thursday/Friday and started to feel a bit more human, I felt life and passion returning to my bones and since then, I've been doing alright. I still can tell that I'm not on the same level as others and it is really easy for me to over-do it and need to retreat under my duvet for a bit but still, I'm going to try not to focus on that and focus on the fact that I have actually smiled and had some pleasant times recently; curry night with the girls on Saturday, followed by sitting right in front of the tv like a child to watch footage from The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park constantly yelling and pointing, "I'M AROUND THERE SOMEWHERE!" Sunday was relatively quiet, head in a book kinda day and Monday I headed in to Manchester to have dinner with mum and Michele (Mitch's mum). I finally got to enjoy another Pizza Express Pollo Pancetta Salad; I have been going on about this since I had it in summer (apologies to everyone who has had to sit through my mouth-watering descriptions of crispy pancetta, succulent chicken, crunchy sweet pepperdew peppers and more..). Yesterday was another quiet one, spent wandering around with Max getting in the Autumn spirit. It has been rather lovely actually. I'm just hoping I can keep it up. I need to go back to the doctors really, I was supposed to start new counselling but chickened out after speaking to the man because he sounded a lot like the nasty doctor I had last year and hated. I have to remind myself that that is okay though, I am allowed to ask for someone I can actually talk to without trembling seeing as the whole process is supposed to help and not hinder. Hopefully I can pluck up the courage to sort that soon!

How are you guys?!

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment