Thursday 31 October 2013

Mind The Gap

Last weekend, I popped down South to see my boy and have my belated birthday treat day out in the Big Smoke. I was far too excited to be a loser of a tourist and go exploring. First stop was the Sea Life Centre as I have been dying to go for about a year and just love weird and wonderful animally things. It was SO good. I was the biggest kid ever squeaking and squealing at everything, probably quite embarassing for Mitch but hey, I have never touched a starfish before and I will queue up to do so..
After that, I managed to persuade him to go into the London Dungeons. (He is totally a wimp;)) I went to the Dungeons yeeears ago and I love anything gruesome and scary so was well happy to queue for an hour to see how the experience has changed. There is a new scary attraction in London called The London Tombs and I really want to do that one next time as it is rumoured to be terrifying. Unfortunately, we were a day early to go there and do the Phobophobia experience which sounds terrifying, horrific and awesome! Maybe next year...
Back to the Dungeons and a jolly dead jester pumpkin fellow was abusing people waiting in line; obviously, any of you who read my blog know that I am awful at social situations, completely anxious in crowds and hate having attention on me. Queue pumpkin man making me dance for a lolly.... I thought I may faint/vomit/die but I survived and got my lolly before he asked who was my carer... Even strangers are now clocking on to me being a loon.
The Dungeons were so fun, there is now a log flume type thing in the dark and some of the exhibition things are now different, for example, Sweeny Todd is now a pretty big part of the whole thing. The actors were amazing, although they all seemed to target this one poor couple every single time. I screamed so much but that just makes it more fun, I love being scared! The whole thing ends with a new sudden drop ride to give the illusion that you are hanging. It was well good and the picture from it is by far my favourite thing ever. The contrast between my exhilaration and Mitch's terror. Amazing.
We finished off the day with a wander down Oxford Road to Mitch's favourite music shop Hobgoblin and then some scrummy food at Garfunkles.
I didn't really get many photos other than fish because I just find London so incredible, it is such an assault on the senses really isn't it, there is so much to take in, I barely remember to put one foot in front of the other, let alone take photos. But here are a few of the best ones...

Becca.

























No comments:

Post a Comment