Monday 29 July 2013

Gone Girl.


I thought I would finally give Gillian Flynn's novel Gone Girl a go as I have read so many things about it recently. Having only heard how amazing and gripping it was, nothing about the actual story, I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. Centred around the disappearance of Amy Elliot Dunne on her 5th wedding anniversary, the book is composed of her diary entries and her husband Nick's thoughts surrounding their past and present. 
At first, I wasn't overly impressed, it was interesting but not as gripping or exciting as I had hoped, given the reviews. Only just after reaching the halfway point was I really pulled into the story. I don't want to say too much because if you haven't read it, I would recommend giving it a go for a one time read as it is worth it.
By the end, I did find that I had invested feelings in the situation and I felt a need to know how it ended before I could sleep. I do also find myself agreeing with the review that states "you will want other people to read it just so you can discuss it with them" so if any of you have given it a go, please let me know what you thought!  

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment