Tuesday 30 July 2013

Let's Go Surfing..

It's been a few days since my last post, but I actually feel slight withdrawal symptoms when I don't write for a few days. It's been quite a busy time, a few more evening swims, far too many indulgent meals and some pretty sweet memories. My brother surprised his girlfriend with a trip down at the weekend so it was lovely to spend some time with them, went swimming on Friday evening and then for a meal at The Old Success pub in the cove, spent far too long discussing the theme for those football heads that used to be super popular when we were kids, it has been stuck in my head ever since;
Football crazy,
Chocolate mad,
Grab a power pod
and play football with the lads..
Saturday was an epic day, me, Kaye and Charlee drove up to Newquay for a day of surfing. It was INTENSE. Five hours spent swimming/paddling/kneeling/standing/falling and occasionally crashing into one another. Probably one of the biggest workouts I've had in a while, physically and mentally. I won't lie, continually falling off something and having to get back up and swim back out when the mean little voice in your head is telling you to give up is way more difficult than I would have thought and I'm actually quite proud of myself that I didn't give up. It was pretty worth it when you do actually manage to catch a wave and stand up without nosediving into the sea. The super positive instructors we had definitely helped, if any of you are in the area and feel like having a go, Blue Wings Surf School is definitely the place to go: most schools seem to take groups of 20 - 30 people out so you pretty much get told what to do and let loose, whereas there was 9 of us in the morning and just the 3 of us in the arvie so we got personal tuition and they were so lovely and optimistic even when you continually hit the sand bum first like I did so often. And they get SO excited for you when you actually manage to do it so yeah, I would definitely recommend them.
We woke up aching pretty bad on Sunday, but instead of relaxing, we went and bought skateboards so more fun to be had there..
A beautiful meal down at Little Bo's Cafe down in the Cove and I was definitely ready for an early night.
Despite all these awesome goings on, I still have my moments of misery and just total lack of emotion which sucks and I definitely need to sort out my tablets and see if they help. But I'm kinda putting off going to the doctors because that is when I really have to face things and it is usually so mentally exhausting and what not and I am such a chicken when it comes to facing up to my emotions and having a good cry, I'd rather fake normality and then curl up under the duvet and wallow in my numbness when I'm alone. Not very healthy I know... I am sleeping more than usual which is sometimes one of my defence mechanisms, but I'm also dreaming loads and waking up regularly so I still feel knackered all the time and my appetite is all over the place. A bit annoying but I'm trying to power through. Applied for my first job at home today which is a bit scary but I am craaaaving routine and being pushed to my limits again so that I can't avoid things like I sometimes want to.
Wow, this has been a long post, I must be feeling a little self indulgent, sorry guys!!
I have been stupidly lax with taking photos this week but here are a few..


Becca.


No comments:

Post a Comment