Sunday 21 July 2013

OCD.

When I get down or start to struggle, I have a tendency to become really obsessive, can anyone relate to this? 
As I said, it's been a bit of a tough week and my latest coping mechanisms have been friendship bracelets and The Office US. I have followed the Office from the beginning and just love it so much, but even by my standards, this week has been ridiculous. I think I may have watched seasons 4, 5, 6 and 7 over 5 times. (They're my favourites because Jim and Pam are together and Michael is still there.) whilst watching this on repeat I have braided and plaited so much string, my pals are set for life for wristwear. I am aware sometimes that I get like this and yet I can't stop it, I have to keep busy to avoid thinking, I am a massive over thinker and I don't like it. Yet another of depressions many cruel traits; you want to be alone and shut yourself off even though you absolutely hate your own company. It ain't fun. 
I think blogging is helping though, it is giving me something to do but it is more productive than many of my aversion techniques so I am truly thankful to any of you that sit and read my rambling thoughts. You're all helping in a funny way. 
Anyway, I'm off for a BBQ with my mum and my wonderful Cornish second family, the Stenners. Hope you've all had lovely weekends. 

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment