Sunday 21 July 2013

Unseen.

Karin Slaughter used to be one of my favourite crime authors, until she did something almost unforgivable, she killed my favourite character. Resulting in me throwing the book on the floor and being told off by mum. (It was a hardback, they're expensive you know) Anyway, that aside, I still read her books as I am a nerd and can't let go of some of her other characters. Unseen is her latest work and is definitely one of her best to date. It has been a while since I read a book that I genuinely couldn't put down, it is so fast paced that once you begin, that's it, you are drawn in and can't stop. I don't want to say too much as I don't want to ruin it, particularly for mum who is starting it soon. But it is a gripping tale that forces you to pay attention,all centred   around one particular drug raid and a few main characters; worlds collide and so much goes on that it almost feels necessary to take notes. As usual, you are rooting for the wonderful and broken GBI inspector Will Trent as he tries to juggle undercover work, a relationship and a past he never seems to be able shake. Between him and troubled police detective Lena, there is never a moment to rest for the reader. As much as I may never forgive Slaughter for her previous tales, I strongly recommend giving some of her books a go if you're a fan of brutal crime and intense characters; you will not be disappointed. 

Have any of you read any of Karin Slaughter's work? What do you think?

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment