Tuesday 6 August 2013

Blame it on the weatherman..

It's been a bit of a funny old week, depression definitely got the best of me for a few days and I spent my time hiding away, reading and just generally avoiding life. It's so easy to feel defeated, I sat in the bath until the water went cold and just cried. I'm not even sure why, I just felt like I wasn't worth it anymore and I got the horrible drowning feeling that I sometimes get, like life is just too much and there is no point in me trying because I'm useless anyway. Those sort of feelings are so sucky because it's kind of like a hangover, you can start to feel a bit better but they lurk around making you feel tired, sick and worthless for days and days.
Luckily, mum had decided she was making pie for the girls on Friday evening so I was forced to interact with people and sometimes the only way is to force yourself, and with friends like mine, it is quite easy to be cheered up, even if it is just a little bit. I find that I no longer take for granted laughing until I can't breathe, it is something I love and it is the little things like that that really chase the nasty feelings away even if it is just for a little bit and I am so grateful for those moments.
I am going to have to go an pack now and that is slightly overwhelming as I have so much stuff!! So if anyone would like to assist?....

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment