Tuesday 27 August 2013

Monkeying Around.

This Bank Holiday weekend has been a pretty full one by my standards. To some people it probably seems boring but for me, it was rather lovely and down right exhausting. Having been pretty withdrawn recently, I have become very used to my own (and my mums) quiet company which is both nice and probably not too good for me. It makes me all that more anxious when I have to put myself in social situations. Because of this, I often have to really push myself to go places and interact with people. Things that to most people are just a calm evening out, can become quite an ordeal for lil old me. On Friday, I headed to the local pub to watch my old teacher and fantastic bloke, Mr Albiston's band Rambunkshus play. Although this was not gonna be a huge deal or anything, I did find myself getting pretty tense on the way there, but with Mumma by my side, I even went through the door first!! (People close to me will tell you that I avoid going first into places at all costs so this is a big big deal haha). It was a lovely evening, catching up with Richard and and some of the lads from school. I didn't overdo it and was home pretty early but I survived and even had a nice time so Friday was a success. Saturday was mainly job hunting and dress hunting for something to wear for my birthday, all online of course. And then off to Soph's to have my dinner cooked for me; red thai salmon curry is DELICIOUS I can now tell you. It was lovely to catch up with someone so positive and lovely to me. And the beautiful pup Stanley that they are dogsitting definitely made me smile. You know how in Friend's Phoebe loans Joey "the happiest dog in the world" to cheer him up, I feel Stanley could fill this role, he is awesome!:)
Sunday was spent celebrating my Granny's 90th!! We didn't do anything major but it was lovely to see all the family and Maia is crawling now which is so sweet and she is just getting more and more amazing as the days go by!
Monday was also filled with lots of people; first we went to a fun run at the gym that my brother had organised himself in aid of Help For Heroes. It was a fab day! He couldn't have asked for better weather and the turn out was great. Lured by home made cakes and a bbq, loads of people turned up and plenty of money was raised as 100% of the profits went to the charity. I'm really proud of him!
Finally, we topped off the weekend in Jenny's hot tub having afternoon tea and a BBQ. Gorgeous. I am feeling really appreciative for all the people in my life at the moment. Especially people like Sophie and Jenny who never fail to make me smile and I know I can rely on them (and everyone else) whenever I need to.
All of this human interaction is really exhausting when you're not used to it like I am and although it is scary and draining, at the same time, it constantly reminds me of why I have to keep fighting and getting through the darkness and all that rubbish. But for now, I'm going to watch the Bake Off, have a bath and curl up with another book.

I hope you all enjoyed your long weekends.

Becca.


No comments:

Post a Comment