Wednesday 14 August 2013

Nomad By Fate.

I am now just over a week into my lower tablets and it is really noticeable to me, grrr. My mood swings are shocking and I never know how I'm gonna feel from one hour to the next.
I left Cornwall last Wednesday which was sad, but it was nice to be home, caught up with the brilliant HLord which is always good and then I was off again. This time it was just going to be for a weekend with the boy as he is dogsitting for his uncle in a luuuurvely house in the countryside but I have ended up staying for a week as it has been a really nice break. Don't get me wrong, I am still job hunting and what not, I'm also getting good at this housewife stuff, cooking tea, using the dishwasher, baking, who'd'a'thunk'it! haha. They have to most beautiful oven here, it is designed to look like an aga but is actually a modern fan oven and what not. Yes, I am excited by an oven, I like cooking and am that cool. Anyhow, there is very little signal out here and it is SO quiet so it has been a nice little escape: I play fetch with the three adooorable mutts, read, keep James company while he paints a mural on the wall, I will post photos of that when it is finished as it is beautiful!! Boy got skills:)
The only downside is that the peace and quiet leaves me a little too much time alone with my brain but hey, as much as I hate that, maybe it's a good thing?
Monday was a bit of a difficult day, no particular reason, I was just really down, it was one of those times when depression feels like it is never ending and I feel like giving up. As usual, Mitch is fantastic at letting me cry and then trying his hardest to make me smile, whether it is pointless little jokes, buying me chocolates or just giving me a much needed hug, he really is amazing. So I had a good old breakdown for a while and finally went to sleep. After feeling like that, it can take a while to feel back to normal, it almost becomes a physical illness and you have to do any little thing to make yourself feel better like you would with a cold, so plenty of cups of tea were had. And yesterday Mitch got me chocolate and that definitely helps:)
I'm back off home tomorrow, really looking forward to seeing my mumma again and my brother as he and Chantelle have now had their twenty week scan, yes, I AM GONNA BE AN AUNTIE!! So that is one of the things that I hold on to in times of darkness, a new little Stansfield:) And we're gonna go see Alpha Papa on Friday and I do love a bit of Alan so that will be good.
And Saturday will be spent celebrating Charlotte's birthday and seeing Lucy off in style as she is leaving us to teach in China for six months! So a busy few days, sometimes it's good to focus on things that are coming up because even though they can make me super anxious and things, it means that I can tell myself that I can't give up just yet as I have this to do on this day and so on. A slightly depressing thought in itself, but it keeps me going.
Hope you guys are doing well!! Here are some pictures of my new doggy pals and random things from the last few days..

Becca.


This is Mitch's uncle's zipwire. I had barely been here an hour on Thursday when James told me I was rubbish at it and I should jump more when I set off; I did this. The handle fell off and I fell about ten feet on to my head/back. It could have been a lot worse but I was only winded, maybe slightly concussed, very amused and gutted that we didn't catch it on camera! I was achey for about three days and my hip and bum are now covered in bruises. Mitch now wants to keep me wrapped in cotton wool as he didn't enjoy watching me plummet to the ground, he doesn't seem to realise who he is talking to, i am walking disaster and very much used to these things happening and i usually just find it funny. :)
This is Penny, she is as tall as my waist!! But super cute and a very old lady bless her.
Fred and Pip, the little terrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment