Tuesday 6 August 2013

Not so happy pills..

Because of being at uni when I broke down. I had to join my uni doctors to receive counselling and be able to see someone regularly. However, even though I was there for 18 months, I rarely saw the same doctor except for a lovely man who told me I had no reason for being depressed (he was not nice) so it's difficult for someone to get to know me whilst treating me, this has resulted in me being passed off occasionally or just sort of left to my own devices as if I can sort myself out!! Look at the state of me!! 
So, any of you that read my blog regularly will know that at the beginning of summer, my uni doctor decided to change my tablets. Having seen a different doctor twice here in Cornwall, he has decided that I should be put on a whole different group of antidepressants which means that my dose is going to be reduced again so that when I go home, I can catch up with my old doctor at home an see what she wants to do. 
All of this "doctor hopping" does not help really but hopefully now I'm heading home, I can get some steady treatment and start the new therapy. But for now, I'm stuck on lower tablets, trying not to let anxiety beat me in any situation because it does make regular appearances and combined with mean old depression, lower doses just make everything a little more difficult. Dammit. But I'm tryin' ma best.. 

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment