Tuesday 27 August 2013

The Devil Colony

If you read one of my first posts (here) about my favourite and recommended authors, you'll have seen I mentioned James Rollins there. I picked this latest one up at the library last week and had finished it in two days. I just couldn't put it down! Usually you reach a chapter where you think you'll have a break or something but you do not have any of those here! The story begins with Native American Legends and a cave of treasure and you are sucked into this world from the very start. The lines of past, present and future all become very blurred here and alongside the fast pace, Rollins really makes you pay attention if you don't want to get lost. Despite the pace, Rollins' characters do not disappoint, the usual suspects, Painter Crowe, Grey and Monk are all present amongst others and are all fighting a frightening and intriguing threat to the earth from many years before.
I don't want to ruin it because I cannot say enough that you should give this author a go even if it is not this particular book. If you like adventure, you'll like James Rollins.

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment