Tuesday 27 August 2013

We're The Millers

I have to start this review by saying that I am SO picky when it comes to comedies. I have my all time favourites and I tend to watch them repeatedly because I know they make me happy. I think this is sometimes to do with the fact that there seems to be very little originality left in the genre, despite this, I am willing to give newbies a go if the trailer looks alright.
So, on Sunday night, I found myself heading to see We're The Millers with Soph, I did have some hopes that I would enjoy it but I was also slightly skeptical but armed with my giant buttons, we headed in.
I was mildly surprised, this one had me giggling and laughing out loud on many occasions! Although it is slightly predictable, well, pretty damn predictable, it is really enjoyable. I really love Jason Sudekis and he is absolutely adorable as disastrous Dave the drug dealer with a classic Hollywood character turnaround at the end of the film. The kids are both brilliant with more to their characters than you would originally expect and as for Jennifer Aniston, PHWOAR! What else can I say! I just ADORE her. And that body. Envious doesn't cover it. But she is also as lovely as always bringing warmth to the dysfunctional bunch of individuals as well as adding some stripper spice to the line up:)
If you're in need of a bit of a laugh or a lift, I strongly recommend this one. I think it may be one I'll buy on DVD to whack on when I need a little smile in the future and that is something!

Have you seen this? What do you think?

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment