Wednesday 14 August 2013

Hyperbole and a Half

I was sent the link for this blog by a friend the other day, accompanied by the words "your fish are dead but I still like you". It was so sweet and the blog is really incredible. Another person who is putting into words their personal battle with depression but in a whole new way, illustrations included (and they are brilliant)
I recommend reading it if you want a new insight or if you are struggling to understand it or something, it really is quite eye opening I think.
It also made me realise something that I do think regularly but sometimes forget: when fighting something like depression, it really is important to hold on to the little things that make you laugh. For him, it was a shriveled piece of corn under the fridge. I have moments like this sometimes, some may class them as hysteria but hey, if I'm laughing, it's a good thing. On Monday when I was sobbing away, I was in dire need of some tissue to blow my nose so off I wandered to the bathroom, in the dark I might add. I felt my way down the landing and found a door, believing it to be the bathroom, I opened it and walked straight into a cupboard. Not that hilarious I know, but at that moment in time, yelling to Mitch "I'm in a cupboard" was pure comedy to me and I went from crying to laughing in mere seconds, it still makes me giggle thinking about it now.
So for anyone who is having a bad day or feeling a bit shitty, try and find your piece of corn, walk into a cupboard if need be, but hold on to those little sunny moments that make you smile.

Depression Part Two.

Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment